What is Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction?
MBSR is a life-affirming course in conscious living
The course schedule consists of eight weekly classes and one daylong class on a weekend. This highly participatory, practical course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Group dialogue
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice and a workbook
- A free copy of Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D.
The course is challenging and life-affirming. The instructors are accomplished and skilled at creating a safe, supportive, and deeply engaging learning environment that allows participants to seek, explore, and inquire.
NOTE: In order to participate in a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction class, please review course expectations outlined on the Class Attendance & Planning page. Once you have done this you can register here.