The course schedule consists of eight weekly 2-hour classes and one daylong class on a weekend. The MBCT program requires a strong commitment and work, but the rewards can be lasting and profound. To truly derive the full benefit of the course it is best to make the time to commit to being at all 8 of the classes, if you should need to miss a class we ask that you let us know ahead of time so we can assure that you are informed and aware of weekly assignments and any other relevant information.
This highly participatory, practical course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- In-class exercises and group dialogue
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice
MBCT is meant to enhance, not compete with, whatever type of treatment you may be receiving for depression or anxiety, whether it is medication or psychotherapy.
- Our classes are held at the Best Life Yet! Consulting office, 2027 Montrose Avenue, Montrose, CA 91020. Metered street parking is available.
- If you registered online and indicated that you are going to pay at a later time, payment for the class must be received prior to the first class. Please make checks payable to “Leslie A. Loubier, Psy.D.”. You may mail your check to Leslie A. Loubier, Psy.D., Best Life Yet! Consulting, 2027 Montrose Avenue, Montrose, CA 91020. You will receive a receipt for payment at the first class meeting.
- We encourage you to dress comfortably in loose-fitting clothing (sweats or yoga-type clothing work well) and bring a yoga mat. The temperature varies a bit in the room so you might want to dress in layers. We have meditation cushions that you may use during the class time.
- Guided CDs will also be distributed during the first class.
- Should you have any questions or concerns prior to or during the course you can contact Dr. Leslie Loubier at 818.249.4300 or via email at email@example.com.
- Carefully review the expectations of the class found in the Practice & Learning Suggestions section.
- We hope that after having read this material and reviewed the expectations of the class, you are still interested in attending the next MBCT course. We encourage you to contact us soon to reserve your place in an upcoming class.